Health care is an obvious trend in the mobile technology market. There are more and more
programs on the market that allow you to monitor your health more closely. Therefore, many
want to know how to create a health app for smartphones that will help improve health, set the
body in the right mood, and enable it to work most efficiently.
The development of new mobile health apps can play a key role in the present and future of all
medicine. There is no doubt that they will become a leading tool for solving everyday problems in
this sphere. An aging population, the prevalence of chronic diseases, and disparities in access to
care all threaten the sustainability of healthcare as it has existed for the past hundred years.
What health app you can create:
- Diagnostic apps are designed for primary prevention.
- Apps for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including health and fitness platforms, diet, and
cardio workout services.
- Mental health app to help manage stress and improve your sleep quality.
- The women’s health app is designed to provide medical check-ups during pregnancy and
lactation, as well as a monthly calendar.
Creating an app to help you keep track of your health indicators
Before you start developing an app, you should define the target audience: its portrait, traits,
characteristics, key goals, and objectives. After collecting information about the audience, you
need to prioritize the features that should be in the app and give a preliminary estimate of the
budget and timeline.
- Choose the right platform. Learn about the most common types of apps, and their advantages
and disadvantages before developing healthcare platforms. This research helps you
decide on the project launch, tailoring the app to the needs of your target audience.
- Create an interactive prototype of the project. In other words, formulate a concept without
actually developing the app. This step will provide obvious benefits: make a mockup for
A/B testing and the ability to evaluate functionality. And finally, should we talk about
significant cost savings?
- Pay attention to the security of the service. The tools may differ depending on the type of
your application and the set of features you want to provide. In any case, you should
remember that encrypted data must be transmitted over an established secure
Designing health app
At this stage, you form the structure of the project and create prototype pages for iOS and
Android versions of the app. Next, you need to think about the controls in the app and how they
relate to its screens, functionality, and each other. In other words, the client will be able to see
the logic of how the app works before they start to implement it. The developer works on the
overall system architecture: what the services will be, what they will be responsible for, whether
there are integrations with other systems, and how they interact with each other.
What features can be included in the app:
● Activity: motivates by showing how much you are moving.
● Mindfulness: this will allow you to take time to take a few deep breaths and relax. A great way
to relieve stress and improve your overall health.
● Nutrition: whether you count carbs, calories, caffeine, or a host of other important
nutritional metrics, a health app makes it easy to manage your goals and keep track of
what you eat.
● Sleep: Additional features and apps feed data into the health app so you can transition
into a healthier sleep routine.
● Health lets you keep track of a wide range of data, from blood pressure and blood
glucose measurements to records of your reproductive health and weight.
UX/UI features for fitness apps
Next, we define the style of the app: color palette, fonts, illustrations, icons, etc., overlay this on
the prototype and get a design concept. This gives us a 100% clear understanding of how the
health app will look and work. Along with the corresponding specification, developers get a
design layout of the app.
When designing a prototype and creating interfaces, you need to pay attention to the following:
- The familiar user interface of the health app on the chosen platform (iOs, Android).
- Maximum simplicity for controlling the functions of the application. Large visible buttons.
- All functions that are actively used by the user should be on the workout screen. It should
not take the user long to navigate through screens and menus.
- As much useful information as possible on one screen and everything should be
customized to the user’s needs as much as possible
Implementing Google Fit and HealthKit
The advantage of implementing Google Fit and HealthKit is the standardization of human health
and activity data. Today’s applications for using data sharing with Google Fit and HealthKit are
required to adopt Bluetooth Smart standards.
Developers’ use of these tools extends user functionality and makes it easier to share data between
products from different developers, and automatically increases the app’s position on Google
Play and the Apple Store.
All health apps guarantee the privacy of user information. But if the app works with HealthKit or
Google Fit tools, you can be sure that your information will be securely protected. HealthKit uses
data protection and encryption similar to banking software products. And it requires privacy rules
from partner apps.
Benefits of Purweb apps:
- Target audience only. The expertise of the company’s analysts allows you to create the
structure and design for apps that meet the needs of the client’s target audience, to get
- Competent usability. The user-friendly and detailed user interface of your app is the
result of several dozens of usability tests. The user easily reaches the target.
- Design support. Design support ensures accurate pixel-perfect implementation of the
design layout in the form of a working application.
The market for mobile health apps and solutions is still in the early stages of development, but a
large number of people interested in it are entering the market every day, and the value of mobile
health apps is growing exponentially. And while the rest of the world is on alert, health apps will
only grow in popularity.